Filming Permission

If you are carrying out commercial filming or photography activity (for broadcast/public viewing) in locations managed by Bristol City Council, you will require a filming permit. You can apply using our online permitting system.



Filming fees may apply – please see our charges and payments page for more information.

Crews working on location in Bristol and contractors working for the production are expected to adhere to the Bristol Film Office Code of Conduct which forms part of the terms and conditions of applying for permission to film. Crews found to be in breach of the Code of Conduct may be subject to penalty
Locations managed by Bristol City Council include:
  • External: City Docks & Harbourside, Redcliffe Caves, Parks, (including the Downs), General Highways, Centre Spaces, Car Parks
  • Internal: Markets, Museums, Estates, Libraries, Council Buildings
  • Crematoria & Cemeteries(Canford, South Bristol, Greenbank, Avonview, Henbury, Brislington)


Bristol Film Office can arrange permission for locations in the Bristol city boundary only. Here is a BOUNDARY MAP. To enquire about filming in our neighbouring authorities please contact them directly using the links below.