We work closely with The Bottle Yard Studios, the largest film and TV studio in the West of England, offering 11 stages for hire in Bristol.
Located in the South of the city, the Studios has eight stages available at the main site and three at TBY2, its new premium facility which opened in 2022 offering fully sound-proofed shooting space.
One of the UK’s most sustainable filming facilities, TBY2 is powered by a 1MWp PV array comprising more than 2,300 solar panels – believed to be the largest community-owned solar rooftop in the country.
Floor areas of up to 22,000 sq ft and heights of up to 34ft provide endless opportunities for set builds. With a 5,000 sq ft green screen, 35,000 sq ft of furnished production offices and ample ancillary workspaces – you’ll find everything you need for a fully supported shoot.
The Studios are run by a team with professional backgrounds in the film and television industry, who work in close partnership with Bristol Film Office.
A creative hub of more than 20 on-site businesses deliver a host of specialist services including creative, digital, technical and audio/visual expertise, grips, transport, structural, fire and safety assistance.
A two-year Film and Television Extended Level 3 Diploma course for 16-19 year olds is delivered by boomsatsuma in an on-site classroom. This is free for 16-18 year olds (studio fees apply, bursaries are also available).
Conveniently situated on the edge of the city, the Studios offer easy access to the M4 corridor and excellent domestic and international links.
- 2 hrs from London
- 15 mins from Bristol International airport
- 20 mins from Bristol city centre and Bristol Temple Meads railway station
Total: 11 stages
Main site: The Bottle Yard Studios, Whitchurch Lane, Bristol BS14 0BH
- Tank House 1: 12,400 sq ft, height 27 ft
- Tank House 2: 17,100 sq ft height 27 ft
- Tank House 3: 7,110 sq ft, height 65 ft
- Tank House 4: 21,700 sq ft, height 24 ft
- Export Warehouse 5: 15,950 sq ft, height 27 ft
- Studio 6: 9,400 sq ft, height 27 ft
- Studio 7: 18,350 sq ft, height 27 ft
- Studio 8 Green Screen: 9,400 sq ft, height 27 ft
Second site: TBY2, Hawkfield Way, Bristol BS14 0BD
- Studio 9: 20,000 sq ft, height 34 ft
- Studio 10: 16,550 sq ft, height 34 ft
- Studio 11: 7,000 sq ft, height 30 ft
Head to the Studios’ Filmed Here webpage to view the latest productions filmed at the Studios – many of which were also supported on location by Bristol Film Office.
The Bottle Yard Studios is a Bristol City Council initiative supported by West of England Combined Authority investment.